I help teams of people create cool things – breakthrough products, sustainable community initiatives, high-value solutions for customers. And, I’m passionate about doing that in ways that leave everyone in better shape — igniting sparks of purpose and confidence in each participant, and building organizational capacity for meaningful conversation, wise strategic decisions, and healthy growth.
After a decade in corporate strategy consulting (Bain, Accenture) and community leadership, I founded IdeaShape in 1999 as a vehicle for making good on this passion. Along with a network of IdeaShape collaborators, I work with dozens of companies from Autodesk to Zoll, helping them navigate change ever more effectively:
- Coach and consult with CXO through Director levels in technology, consulting, healthcare, government, education, and NGOs;
- Guide operating leaders in defining, designing, and delivering strategic change;
- Create experiences that help senior teams and cross-functional groups make the most of their strengths and differences to achieve high performance .
I’ve also been fortunate to lead (and follow and learn) on many terrains, including
- Facilitating self-development and leadership skill-building for MBA students at Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business (profile article)
- Leading out-of-the-box learning experiences as a sea kayaking instructor and guide (before kids) and now as mom of two adventurous boys;
- Serving as turnaround Executive Director for Blossom, an amazing center for childbirth education and early parenting
- Keynoting corporate leadership events and professional conferences
- Collaborating on research into perceptions of emotional intelligence across leaders with varied personality types
- Educating coaches, teachers, and managers to make good use of MBTI®, Enneagram, and various self/360 assessments.
- Volunteering with the Global Women’s Leadership Network to build support for women leaders around the world.
Glad to connect with you here at Weekly Leader!